MBA Interview Questions
Sample MBA Interview Questions
Our experience, and that of the MBA candidates we hear from, has shown the following to be a representative sampling of what to expect during your MBA admissions interview. Though some interviewers go rogue, we find going off script to be a rare occurrence, but one you should be prepared for.
- Walk me through your resume.
- What makes you unique?
- Why do you want to get an MBA?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What is the thing that most motivates you in life?
- How would your co-workers describe you? How would your supervisor describe you?
- Tell me about a time when you led people.
- What two extracurricular activities would you be involved in?
- How would you contribute to the school?
- Tell me about what you do outside of work.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a professional/personal accomplishment.
- Tell me about a professional/personal failure (setback, disappointment).
- Describe a well functioning /poorly functioning team and your role in that team.
- Give a Leadership example.
- Why should we admit you over another candidate?
- Describe an ethical dilemma you faced and how you resolved it.
- What is the weakest part of your application?